• You must identify as an African American or Latino;
• You must be a U.S. citizen or resident;
• You must be enrolled full-time on the main campus of Syracuse University. Scholarships are NOT awarded for part-time or summer study;
• You must have a current FAFSA on file;
• You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (the average GPA of scholarship recipients for 2016-17 is 3.6).
The scholarships are based on need. In other words, you must have a need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid (based on your FAFSA). Once need is determined, awards are made based on academic merit.
Students can be nominated by faculty, staff, current scholarship recipients or themselves. To apply or nominate, e-mail the following to Angela Morales-Patterson, Assistant Director of Alumni and Donor Engagement, Office of Program Development. The subject line should read “Nominee for Our Time Has Come (OTHC) 2017-18.”
- Student’s first name, middle initial, and last name
- School/college of enrollment
- Major, and
- Class standing for academic year 2017-18.
The nomination period begins March 13, 2017 and closes May 12, 2017. Only students who are awarded scholarships will be notified in writing in September 2017.